Businesses catering to an exclusively gay clientèle are a relatively recent phenomenon. It was unclear, prior to the 1980s, if the local 'pink market' was large enough to sustain such enterprises. However, with widespread access to the Internet which helped the gay community to network and become a more cohesive demographic, the Government's liberalisation policy to boost the economy by attracting foreign talent and tourists, and the cessation of police harassment, gay and LGBT-friendly businesses have sprouted up to serve the hitherto unmet needs of gay Singaporeans.
- See the main article Singapore gay venues: contemporary for a list of bars, clubs and saunas.
- D'SPAradise - 15A Temple Street, #02-02, Singapore 058562. Tel:65334546. By train, just 3-min walk from Chinatown MRT exit A. Designed as an inviting and modern spa, D'SPAradise brings traditions of Eastern and Western approaches for healing to make the customer feel relaxed and at peace. They offer a luxurious spa atmosphere for men only, ensuring individual privacy. They provide the highest standards in hygiene and customer service. D'SPAradise gives its patrons a precise balance between comfort and elegance, relaxation and therapy. They have a wide array of treatments and packages specially designed with the male client in mind. Their services are geared towards skin care and body therapy needs that are specific to men and can always be customised to meet the needs and condition of the customer's body. One can opt for a single treatment or indulge in a few hours of customised therapeutic treatment in their exclusive VIP Room.
- His Cherie - 14 Jiak Chuan Road. Tel: 62250050.
- Luap-Luap Health Centre - 49 Temple Street. Tel: 63720012.
- Nature Forest Spa - 62B Pagoda Street. Tel: 62254546.
- Oasis - 11A Trengganu Street. Tel: 62260767.
- Shuang Spa - 11 Bukit Pasoh Road. Tel: 62215211.
- Water Spa - 43A Craig Road, Singapore 089681. Tel: 62210956. A refreshing water inspired spa and sanctuary nestled at the quiet end of Chinatown that sets one in rest mode immediately upon arrival.
- Salon Pour Le Homme - #03-26, 5 Coleman Street, Excelsior Hotel & Shopping Centre. Tel: 63377008.
- Thomas D'Esthetique - #03-01, 5 Coleman Street, Excelsior Hotel & Shopping Centre. Tel: 63376858.
- Relax Bay - #01-02, 136 Arab Street. Tel: 63242825.
- CHOLI Men's Spa - #04-13, Fortune Centre, 190 Middle Road. Tel: 98515825, 93809916. Open daily from 11:30am to 10pm. Four hand therapy and outcall service available. ITEC certified.
- Roman M Salon- Ming Arcade #05-07 Cuscaden Road (near Orchard MRT Station, next to Hard Rock Cafe, use the lift). A salon providing spa treatments, facials, body works and baths to exclusively male clientele. Centrally-located in the heart of the city.
- Winward Art of Aromatherapy- 5 Coleman Street, Suite 03-26 Excelsior Hotel and Shopping Centre. Tel: 63377008, 63371570. Clinical face and body care for men. An upscale ambiance for those interested in maintaining a youthful, healthy look. Top quality products by Dr. LaurAnne (Roma Italy). Appointment preferred.
- Relaxy Bathhouse - Level 4,46C Smith Street. Tel: 62275818. Four floors above the hot and bustling streets of Chinatown, one finds a slice of Balinese-style elegance in a cosy men-only spa. Relaxy Bathhouse is a haven of peace and relaxation in the city. In just 1,800 sq ft, the spa has five suits with queen-sized massage beds, two scrub rooms, four baths as well as locker and shower facilities. Relaxy offers massages, body scrubs, stream baths and body wraps. The soft music and ambient sounds-trickling water and chirping birds-coupled with dim mood lighting and the light swish of slippers all help to relax the visitor.
Beauty and health
- Bronz Tanning Salon - #02-18, 18 Cross Street, China Square Central. Tel: 63273777.
- Skin Expert - #02-15, 100 Eu Tong Sen Street, Pearls Centre. Tel: 81954898.
- FDP Group - #B1-06, Kembangan Plaza, 18 Jalan Masjid. Tel: 68410511.
- SimplyMenz.com- 82 Lorong H Telok Kurau, Tel: 67288799. Premium men's skin care and cosmetics products developed specifically for men's requirements and distinctly addressing men's grooming needs. Their website offers a wide selection of grooming products and an online community to share grooming tips. Based in Singapore, SimplyMenz ships to all parts of Asia.
Appointments:http://www.gaymassagemen.com/ Well trained young Indian masseur for 24-hour outcall discrete massage service specialize in Swedish, Deep Tissue, Sensual for your total relaxation.
A rejuvenating deep tissue body massage which greatly helps to de-stress.Massage conducted within the comfort of your own privacy by an experienced fit male massage therapist.Contact male massage therapist ,Joe at 92739531 for massage appt.
Appointments: 9237-6960. Professionally trained masseurs offering Taiwanese-style deep tissue massage to ease your aches and tensions away. Home/hotel visits only. Reasonable rates.
Appointments: 9751-3455. A unique "home spa" concept with an East-meets-West ambience, providing authentic aroma therapy, Swedish relaxation massage and scrub by an experienced, professional masseur. Located away from the maddening urban crowd, the emphasis is on exclusivity, discretion and individual customer care. To customer privacy and confidentiality, directions are provided upon appointment.
64A Monk's Hill Terrace (adjacent to Newton Circus Food Centre), Newton (Newton MRT NS21), 9040-8062. A contemporary men's spa offering professional massage therapy, body scrubs and body masques by certified male therapists.
Roxy Square II (opposite Parkway Parade), 50 East Coast Rd, #01-120, 6440-3870.
- Fantasy Boys Club Welcome to fantasyboysclub in singapore city ... where fantasy meets reality. You'll find that these gentlemen are handsome, erotic, and definitely exotic. These elite entertainers are available for Bachelorette Parties, as well as personal, outcall entertainment in the privacy of your room.
our website: www.FanTasyBoysClub.com +65 - 97869059
Appointments: 8100-1828. Home-Based bodywork offering Swedish massage, aromatheraphy and acupressure foot relexlogy. Hotel outcall also available. Utopia Member Discount
Appointments: 8374-0174. The first Indian Men Club providing 100% discreet gay, bisexual and straight Indian Male massage services for Male and Female clients in Singapore only. We have wide range of Indian male masseurs to choose.
Appointments: 9384-7750. Relax, calm, enhance energy, relieve stress and pain, alleviate tiredness and aching muscles, feel good. REIKI is a Japanese holistic energy treatment, also known as "touch therapy". It works on all levels -- physical, mental, emotional and spiritual -- thus resulting in a healthier body, calmer mind, inner peace and centered spirit.
6334-4525. Various types of massage and facials. The masseurs are all certified and provide proper massage (non-sexual). By appointment only (book through internet or phone).
Appointments: 8141-4834. Cocoon Wrap, Flavor Scrub, Essential Massage for day and night. Home visiting services from professionally-trained Male Therapists.
Appointments: 9366-6321. 24-hour outcall massage service for the discerning man seeking more than the generic paltry touch. Friendly and professional young male therapists visit anywhere in Singapore to provide soothing massage which envelop clients in total bliss and ecstasy. Pamper yourself and be swept away in utter tranquility.
Unit #03-22 Excelsior Hotel and Shopping Centre (5 minutes walk from City Hall MRT), appointments call 9002-7281. Remove yourself from the cares of the world with an invigorating body massage, full body scrub, facial, body detox (parafango) and hair cut by a certified male therapist. Utopia Member Discount
Indulge and experience a rejuvenating massage by a mature chinese massuer. Details at http://www.geocities.com/peter_massage
Appointments: 9875-6906. Certified male massage therapist trained in the art of Swedish massage providing relaxation exclusively for men in the privacy of your own place. Outcall only
Food and beverage outlets
No restaurant in Singapore can survive relying on an exclusively gay customer base. The concept was attempted by entrepreneur Max Lim on the ground floor of Raw sauna in 2003 but failed to take off. The following outlets are gay-friendly at best.
- Nonya & Baba (rustic regional cooking)- 262 River Valley Road, 6734-1382, 6734-1386. Daily from 11:30am-10pm.
- Riverside Bar & Grill (Western and Mediterranean cuisine)- 2 Stadium Walk #01-06/07, Singapore Indoor Stadium Waterfront, map and directions, 6346-5202 FAX 6346-5574. Gay and lesbian-friendly restaurant, bar, and live music venue with spectacular views of the river and the city skyline. Indoor and outdoor seating. Menu ranges from home-cooked burgers and pizzas to fine dining. Wide selection of wine, beer, house spirits and cocktails. Live music Thu-Sun. Jazz, Soul, R&B, Blues, and Rock & Roll. Convenient parking in Car Park E. A great place to celebrate the end of day with friends old and new, or to kick off your evening on the town.
- Tea Chapter (traditional Chinese tea house)- 9A-9B Neil Road, 6226-1175. 11am-11pm Tues.-Sun., 7pm-11pm Mondays. Rustic setting an a restored shophouse. Countless varieties of tea to try, all with properties and poetic names. Learn to prepare tea in the Chinese style. A unique place to relax with a group of friends.
- Bods Bodyknit- 3/F The Heeren Shops, 260 Orchard Road, 6735-8892. Local designers flaunt their body-hugging casual wear, undergear and swimwear to an appreciative gay clientelle. Branches at Plaza Singapura, 68 Orchard Road, 6338-0868, and Suntec City, Temasek Boulevard, 6334-1189.
- Ed-Don Fashion Lifestyle- 2/F 53A South Bridge Road, 6533-5202. Ultra sexy and fun casual gear and swim wear for gay men. In-house label. Simplicity in design, cutting, and exclusive limited quantity is their hallmark.
- Meet The Shop- 21 Cuscaden Road, 01-08 Ming Arcade (diagonal from Hard Rock Cafe, directly facing Emporio Armani), 6738-3926. Sexy men's and women's casual wear, club wear. Modern and ethnic home decor. Open daily 11am - 9:45pm. Credit cards accepted.
- Power Tools Fashion- #03-12 The Heeren Shops, 260 Orchard Rd, 6834-1201. Gay-trendy clothing imported from Hong Kong adn Bangkok.
- Project Shop Blood Bros- #02-20 Paragon Shopping Centre, 29 Orchard Rd, 6735-0071. Where the local guyz go to package their goods. Trendy gear engineered for gym bods. Branches at 1/F Raffles City Shopping Centre, 6334-2825, and #01-43/48 Wisma Atria, 435 Orchard Road, 6737-9058.
11 Crane Rd, 6342-4751, FAX 6342-4750. Foam party specialists.
- Mango Travel - 16C Trengganu St, 6224-3171, 6224-3172, fax 6224-6225. Singapore's first boutique travel agency with special focus on alternative travel, to and from Singapore. Experienced travel consultants offering niche-market products and services at affordable prices, such as tour packages to Worldwide Mardi Gras, Europride, romantic weekend getaways, etc. Charming office in the heart of Chinatown.
- Orchid Hotel - 1 Tras Link (Tanjong Pagar), Singapore 078867. Tel: 68186818. Fax:68186868. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Orchid Hotel is located strategically within the vicinity of historic Tanjong Pagar and is just a stone's throw away from Singapore's commercial district. The Hotel's 272 well-designed rooms will put you at ease with earthy-tone coloured rooms that smoothly blends with the eye-catchy floor tiles, which are well laid to welcome you to your room. Keeping you in mind, all our guest rooms are equipped with the convenience of broadband internet access, comfortable work desk and coffee & tea making facility. Our spacious 254 Deluxe room size of 32 sq m. provides the comfortable feel of your own room at home. Our 18 Exquisite Suites of 40 sq m. are available if you need more living space during your stay. The Hotel's central location allows easy access to places of interest like Chinatown, the 2 Integrated Resorts, Sentosa Island and Orchard Road. Only metres away, you will conveniently find Tanjong Pagar Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) and within its vicinity, you will see some of the most interesting Pre-war shop houses and the oldest architecture in Singapore, not forgetting the birthplace of our National flower 'Vanda Miss Joaquim'.
- Santa Grand Hotel Lai Chun Yuen - 25 Trengganu Street. Tel: 62385455.
- The Scarlet - 33 Erskine Road. Tel: 65113333.
- Singapore gay businesses: historical
- Singapore gay venues: contemporary
- Singapore gay venues: historical
- Singapore gay venues: historical, minor