TRANS*PIRE was the crowdfunding event for Singapore's groundbreaking, first documentary on transgender men entitled, "Some Reassembly Required". It was held at Artistry at 17 Jalan Pinang from 7:30pm - 10pm on Friday, 18 July 2014.
- 1 Advertisement
- 2 Programme
- 2.1 Welcome address by Christopher Khor
- 2.2 Ukelele performance by Serene Yap
- 2.3 Speech by guest-of-honour Prof. Khoo Hoon Eng
- 2.4 Musical performance by duo
- 2.5 Talk by June Chua
- 2.6 Sharing session by Alexander Teh
- 2.7 Sharing session and musical performance by Christopher Khor
- 2.8 Musical performance by Eunice Png
- 3 Videos
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 Acknowlegdements
It was advertised on its Facebook event page thus:
"Hi All! In conjunction with our crowdfunding efforts for our documentary movie, Some Reassembly Required is proud to present TRANS*PIRE.
In collaboration with Transman Confessions, we will be showcasing a compilation of true stories from the FTM transgender community. Are transgender issues an individual set of problems or do we have more in common than we think? Come on down and find out what makes us all the same.
Also, before things get crazy and hectic, the team would love to take this opportunity to meet up with everyone who has shown support and interest in our film. We invite you to spend some chill time with us as Chris shares his story with the public for the first time.
With great music, drinks and company, what’s not to miss?
For more information on the documentary Some Reassembly Required, please visit our webpage (http://www.somereassemblyrequired.com/) or our Facebook page at Some Reassembly Required."
Welcome address by Christopher Khor
Ukelele performance by Serene Yap
Speech by guest-of-honour Prof. Khoo Hoon Eng
Musical performance by duo
Talk by June Chua
Sharing session by Alexander Teh
Sharing session and musical performance by Christopher Khor
Musical performance by Eunice Png
- The TRANS*PIRE event page on Facebook.
- The "Some Reassembly Required" website, Facebook page and Indiegogo campaign page.
This article was written by Roy Tan.